Wednesday 21 November 2012

YCN Brief // Visual Research

Feel Good Drinks Branding:




Below is an image that came with the project pack, so it must mean that it is the most up to date branding for feel good.  It is my job to make it stand out more on the shelf and make people 'feel good.'  I intend to use the knowledge I've gained in colour theory to help the labels make people smile, while still keeping in mind the natural idea behind the brand - eg no fluorescent colours!



Pre-existing advertisements for the brand.

The branding is very natural, using muted colours and quite playful with the spots and banners and little characters.  I think it looks good and trustworthy because of this.





These are even more playful and surely will help people 'feel good,'  just the bottle that needs a little work.




Other similar brands that are out there:

Froosh, froosh seems to be a drink aimed at graphic designers but who knows, I don't want to just use typography in my designs which will then probably limit my target market.


Innocent Smoothies



Every innocent smoothie you buy with a woolly hat, 25p will be donated to Age UK.  This will definitely entice people into buying the product because the hats are quirky, fun and cute, and donating money to charity is an added bonus.


Vitamin Water has more of a medical look than the other drinks, this is something I want to avoid throughout my designs.



'This water' has simple clean and fresh packaging design however they aren't particularly outstanding on a shelf.  The small illustrations are nice but they also seem irrelevant.




Examples of Good Food/Drinks Packaging:

Designed by Yunyeen Yong, thinking outside the box here.  Interesting format and good use of colour.



Clear & Simple, not too much information on the package makes it easy on the eye.




 Interesting concept below, I want these! 









No comments:

Post a Comment