Friday 29 March 2013

D&AD brief - Batiste // Research

The Batiste Brief asks the designer to:


  • Make product a must have for every beauty toolkit
  • Make appealing to new customers
  • Make engaging to existing customers
  • Stand out shelf appeal
  • 4 new fragrances & identities
As the brief asks us to create 4 new fragrances & identities, I thought I'd better take a look at what already exists: 

  • Fresh
  • Cherry
  • Lace
  • Graffiti
  • Paisley
  • Red (for red hair)
  • Dark & Deep Brown (for brunettes)
  • Medium & Brunette (for brunettes)
  • Light & Blonde (for blondes)
  • XXL Volume
  • Wild
  • Blush
  • Original
  • Tropical
A picture from the website which shows all cans 




To keep my designs in keeping the the Batiste overall look, I am going to draw up a list of guidelines for myself to design by:

  • Pattern
  • Colourful
  • Bright
  • Keep logo's and information in the same place, just replace background image

While trying to stay in keeping with the brand, I need to make the cans stand out more and be more appealing to new and old customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment