Thursday 28 March 2013

To Dry For Design Competition // Visual Research

Before beginning the To Dry For illustrative tea towel design competition I looked at pre-existing tea towels on their website that had been designed by other illustrators and came across some work that I feel that I share common interests with.  The designs were mostly quirky and un serious and very light - hearted :).



Here are the designs which I found on the site, some of which I recognized who designed them.




The one below reminds me that in the brief it asks us to be considerate of colour as the tea towels will be screen-printed.
 


Tea pots and tea cups and tea in general is very popular at the minute, I love it too, but I am going to steer away from this idea as it has been done so many times now.


I'd quite like my design to have a snappy quote or slogan like this, because people relate to words as well as image.




Designed by Julia Pott:




No comments:

Post a Comment