Monday 18 February 2013

How to make Granny Triangle Bunting

http://www.lululoves.co.uk/item/crochet-granny-triangle-bunting-pattern.html?category_id=2
Granny Triangle Bunting 
Hook 3.5mm (I've done these with a 4mm too, so whichever you prefer)
Yarn: I used Rowan Handknit Cotton
Pattern written in UK terms.
Ch = Chain
Tr = Treble (US DC)
Ss = Slip Stitch
Dc = Double Crochet (US SC)
These are basically worked like granny squares R1 is worked into the ring, then each round after is worked by creating groups of trebles into the ch spaces and increasing in the corners. Don't forget to block them if you want them to lie flat; I pin mine to the ironing board and spray them lightly with some starch and leave them to dry.
Ch4 join with SS to make a ring
Round 1, Ch3 (counts as 1st treble - work each treble from here into ring) 2tr, ch3, 3tr, ch3, 3tr ch3, join with a ss to top of first ch3
Round 2, Ss into next ch3 space, ch3, 2tr, ch3, 3tr (to create corner), ch1, (3tr ch3 3tr) into next ch3 space, ch1, (3tr, ch3 3tr) into next ch3 space, ch1, join with ss to first ch3 of row.
Round 3, Ss across to next ch3 space, ch3, (2tr, ch3 3tr) into corner, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1, (3tr, ch3 3tr) into corner, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1 (3tr, ch3 3tr) into corner, ch1, 3tr into nex ch1 space, ch1, join with a ss into first ch3 of row.
Round 4, Ss across to next ch3 space, ch3, (2tr, ch3 3tr) into corner, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1, (3tr, ch3, 3tr) into corner, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1, (3tr, 3ch, 3tr) into corner, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1, 3tr into next ch1 space, ch1 join with a ss to first ch3 of row.
Border
Here I just worked a scallop stitch (5 trebles) into the centre stitch of each group of trebles until I got the the point of the triangle when I created a scallop using 3 trebles into the space then continued around as before. I've attempted to write this out below but It may be easier for you to put them where you feel they should go.
Attach a different colour into the top left corner and ch1
5tr into middle stitch of 3trs from previous round, dc into ch1 space, *skip next stitch, 5tr into next stitch (middle of treble cluster) dc into ch1 space*, Repeat from *to* x2, 3tr, 1dc into corner space (point), *skip next stitch, 5tr into next stitch (centre of treble cluster) 1dc into ch1 space*, Repeat from *to* x3 finish off.
I've added some pictures of the border to help you see what stitches I've worked into:
scallopedging
scallopedging2
scallopedgingfinish
To assemble I used a contrasting thread (white) and chained 30 then started chaining into the bunting in the chain spaces along the top of my triangles, I carried on like that (making sure they were evenly spaced) until the last one had been attached then I chained 30 and finished off.
I hope that makes sense, If you have any problems feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment