Wednesday 15 May 2013

OUGD501 Module Evaluation

At the beginning of the Context of Practice module I feel that my written skills needed a bit of brushing up, I now feel after completing my essay and the tasks that they have improved slightly.  I think that writing my essay on something that I was actually interested in definitely helped as I often struggle with essay writing.  I have also developed my inDesign and photoshop skills slightly as I often just use illustrator.  I now feel more confident in both programs.
Throughout the practical side of the module I had a go at making my own recycled homemade paper, as originally I was going to put it in my publication, however I changed my concept, but now I know how to make paper which is a skill I feel that I will probably use in the future as I enjoy craft based art.  
I feel that for this project did a lot of development work and research before diving straight into designing which helped me to make informed decisions about my work.  I found the practical side of the module quite difficult as normally when designing there isn't as much theoretical content to consider and deliver however I feel like I achieved what I wanted to achieve within my publication.  In the future I will seek out help sooner if I need it, rather than just worrying and this will help me to keep on working instead of worrying.  Also in the future I intend to be stricter with myself when it comes to deadlines and intend to do lots of research for COP3 over the summer so that I am not behind at all when I start 3rd year.

No comments:

Post a Comment