Monday 13 May 2013

Sexual Revolution // Experimental Photographs

'Put the Love back in Love-making'

Feminist posters, hopefully they will make people take a step back and think about what sex is really about.
 



'Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere' - quote by Helen Gurley Brown, author of Sex and the Single Girl (published in the sixties, this book helped start the sexual revolution for women) and long time editor of Cosmopolitan Magazine.  People like this and quotes like this encouraged women to sleep around and generally disobey the strict lifestyle of earlier times.






I also took a few sneaky shots of my sign outside and inside Ann Summers as it is the perfect illustration of female sexual freedom.





I thought that taking pictures of my sign inside Ann Summers with the mannequins dressed in bondage gear would illustrate what the sign was saying.  As I only had a short amount of time and the awful lighting instore the photo's did not turn out quite as I desired but was still fun attempting to get some good shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment