Thursday 9 May 2013

Sexual Revolution Publication // Design

Finally started designing on the computer.  For the publication I have taken inspiration from some these images of front covers of sex - related magazines and publications from the late 60s. 

All images from SEX Press Magazine





I have started off with this image of Hippies showing peace signs as the new ideologies about free love and female liberation was majorly pushed by them.


I have then edited the photo so it has a similar aesthetic to designs of the 1960's.


As the booklet will be A5 I have cropped it to this size.


I then took the image into illustrator and created my own male/female symbols to be placed on top of the image and a small title advising people that the content is about the sexual revolution.  I have left these extras quite faint as I want the main focus to be the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment